Inside – Outside
Blending mindfulness techniques, visualisation and creativity, we will explore the deep connection between mind and body.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Creativity and mindfulness can be a winning pathway to refine our ability to connect with the Self. Engaging in mindfulness and art techniques can help us to develop a deeper awareness of somatic and psychological experiences, and consequently help us detach from those thoughts that are preventing us from gaining a clearer sense of who we are.
During this workshop, you will learn how to mindfully engage in an art making process of your choice, including painting, drawing, collage making, etc. learning how to be fully present in the now. Blending mindfulness techniques, visualisation and creativity, we will explore the deep connection between mind and body, while raising our self-awareness and delving into our emotions with a non-judgmental perspective.
- Refreshed perspectives, mindset & attitude
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Enhanced overall wellbeing
This particular workshop will be facilitated by Giulia Dell’Anna, a certified Kundalini yoga teacher and art therapist trainee with a BA in Italian Modern Literature. She is guided by her introspective curiosity and a mindful approach to life. She has vast experience working with diverse groups of people, including adults working from home, parents, university students and children with special needs and learning disabilities. She runs meditation and yoga sessions for stress management, as well as healing art and creative writing workshops.
- Find out more about all of our qualified workshop facilitators HERE.
This will be a virtual live session. Once signed up, you’ll receive a link to register to our Zoom virtual classroom.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Mandatory: Paper (at least size A4, however if you feel comfortable working on a bigger surface have handy an A3) Drawing media of your choice: coloured pencils/ markers/ crayons/watercolours/ paint.
- Optional: old magazines for collage making, any mix media material you would like to bring into your artwork.
- No previous experience is required.
- Please join on time, and be mindful with any noises throughout the session (possibly mute yourself).
- This will be an interactive session, videos will be encouraged.
- Make sure to stay hydrated.
- NOTE: We reserve the right to add, postpone, change or cancel the start dates of our workshops, in which case we will inform you in advance.