TRANSFORMATIONAL ART – TRANSPERSONAL ARTS COUNSELLING
ABOUT THE COURSE
A 3-month long exploration of Yourself with the help of Transpersonal Art Therapy.
The sessions are confidential, the atmosphere is warm and calming.
No previous experience is needed.
THE CLASS INCLUDES
* Twelve 60-minute long online workshops on a weekly basis with the same group of people
* Receive recorded videos for any missed sessions
* Extra PDF files about course content
* Certificate of attendance that proves you attended all the workshops
* Relaxation and calmness
* Reduce stress and anxiety
* Social interaction through art
* Stimulated mental functioning
* Identifies inner strengths
* Enhanced insight and empathy
1. TEMPERAMENTS AND ELEMENTS
The four temperament theory is a proto-psychological theory which suggests that there are four fundamental personality types: sanguine, choleric, melancholic, and phlegmatic. They all connect to a specific natural element and various emotions and behavioural traits. We will explore them with the help of colours.
(tools needed: A4 papers and colourful materials: pastels/crayons/paint)
* 6th October, 8-9AM BST – Sanguine – Air
* 13th October, 8-9AM BST – Choleric – Fire
* 20th October, 8-9AM BST – Phlegmatic – Water
* 27th October, 8-9AM GMT – Melancholic – Earth
2. IMAGINATION AND METAPHORS
Sometimes it is easier to tell our stories by using metaphors. The distance between the metaphor and our emotions helps seeing ourselves more clearly and diving deeper without the discomfort caused by directness. It is a gentle yet incredibly powerful tool to talk about feelings and understand them better.
(tools needed: A4 papers and any drawing/painting material + a magazine/old pictures, glue and scissors)
* 3rd November, 8-9AM GMT – The symbol of the house
* 10th November, 8-9AM GMT – Masks and what’s behind them (collage)
* 17th November, 8-9AM GMT – Archetypal animals and creatures
* 24th November, 8-9AM GMT – Creating a story with art
3. POLARITIES OF FEELINGS
There is polarity/duality in everything around us. There is no day without a night, a left without a right, joy without sadness or even a positron without an electron. In light of this basic rule of life, we are able to understand our ever-changing feelings, dilemmas and tensions better.
(tools needed: A4 papers and any drawing/painting material)
* 1st December, 8-9AM GMT – Light and darkness
* 8th December, 8-9AM GMT – Connectedness and emptiness
* 15th December, 8-9AM GMT – Safety and freedom
* 22nd December, 8-9AM GMT – Love and hate
Klara Gaspar, who has a BA degree in graphic design, studied CBT (cognitive and behavioural therapy) and is just finishing her last year at Tobias School of Art & Therapy to become a transpersonal arts counsellor. She interned with Sankalpa: Art Journeys in India; worked with the elderly, teenagers in foster homes, chronically ill children and with adults in mental institutions. She likes to combine her interest in meditation and eastern philosophies with the humanistic, transpersonal and somatic approach in art therapy. To follow her brilliant work more closely, you can visit her Facebook page Alkotás13.
This will be a virtual live session. Once signed up, you’ll receive a link to register to our Zoom virtual classroom.
* Full Course: £98.00
- We encourage you to attend the full course, while if you are not sure whether you’d like to commit to 12 weeks or would like to pay in parts, the course is available in 3 separate instalments too, with the first part comprising the initial 4 workshops in October open for anyone looking to try the course and the second and third part comprising 4-4 workshops in November and December available for attendees who already attended the first 4 workshops.
* 1st Part – 4 workshops: £38.00
* 2nd Part – 4 workshops: £34.00
* 3rd Part – 4 workshops: £34.00
If you are currently experiencing financial circumstances that affect your ability to afford this price, please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com.
* Please join on time, and be mindful with any noises throughout the session (possibly mute yourself).
* This will be an interactive session, videos will be encouraged.
* Make sure to stay hydrated.
* The course is scheduled to start on 6th October, however we may move the start date forward in case the course doesn’t fill up by then, in which case we will inform you in advance.
* The sessions will be recorded by Talent Courtyard and will be shared with registered participants solely in case they are unable to attend a specific session. The recordings are the property of Talent Courtyard and are to be kept confidential (not to be shared publicly on any platform) by participants. After listening to the recording, you must delete it from your device to preserve confidentiality. You agree not to record any classes for any reason.
* A certificate of attendance will be provided to participants who attend at least 90% of the course.
* We reserve the right to add, postpone, change or cancel the start dates of our workshops, in which case we will inform you in advance.
Any questions, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.