What you can do to stay connected, avoid loneliness or feeling useless?
Spending time at home and less crowded places doesn’t have to be a burden. Here are a few tips to help you keep busy and purposeful:
– KEEP LEARNING: there are endless resources available online, acquire a new skill, try a new hobby, learn to play an instrument
– DEVOTE TIME TO SELF-CARE: it can be challenge when your routine is disrupted, try meditations, call loved ones, try journaling
– MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL: this might be the perfect time to that bookshelf tidy or closet clean-out you’ve been putting off
– GET BACK TO THE OFFLINE ROOTS: read a book, play boardgames, cook a new dish
– Don’t forget to TAKE SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEWS BREAKS!
Please, consider checking on your neighbours, friends, offer your help where you can! Donating to food banks, supporting small businesses and freelancers is great way to start. Support those working in healthcare and lines of work that cannot be stopped, even if that’s just with a few kind words of appreciation!